What a weekend!
This past Saturday, October 20, I and the rest of the Starbright’s Kitchen team joined up to have fun and support a great cause. The Fit Foodie Festival and 5k features a fun run (or walk) around Liberty Station, then ends with a free beergarden … and it’s all to help out an awesome charity called No Kid Hungry.
I trained for a few weeks to get ready for this weekend, and I picked up my bib the night before the race at Soda & Swine.
(P.S., if you’ve never been to S&S, you should check it out. Their scotch eggs are ALMOST as good as mine.)
First thing in the morning, my friends and I posed for a few pre-race photos and did a nice warmup …
And a few fun photos:
… and although we didn’t run, we kept up a great pace the whole time.
Check out my Instagram page for the live stories link!
But the race wasn’t even the best part! Did I mention FREE BEER? Sure, it was only like 9 in the morning by this point.
But we earned that beer!
Want to win some swag from the race?
Here’s what you win:
- one Starborough Wines tote bag
- one PlantFusion tote bag
- one bag of RW Garcia chips
- one bag of California walnuts
- 2 packs of Mega Food b12 Energy gummies (cranberry and ginger)
- one packet of Mega Food Daily Energy drink mix
- one bottle of Honest sport drink
- one packet of PlantFusion (chocolate flavored) plant protein
- one Zone Perfect Nutrition mini-bar
- one can of Organics by Red Bull cola
- one bag of Cal Organics baby carrots
- lots of coupons for healthy food items
- the latest edition of Health magazine
- the latest edition of Cooking Light magazine (with over 100 awesome recipes for Thanksgiving!)
Here’s how to enter:
Follow this link to Rafflecopter, and follow the next instructions. (Caveat: You have to be able to meet me in the San Diego area to pick up!)